Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Boundaries aka I do this my way

Sometimes I like to take a walk towards unknown paths during my lunch break. Today, while reflecting on daily STUFF I came across a thought: I like to be nice and understanding to people merely because I feel like our purpose on this planet is to serve one another. But how important it is to be nice while not getting run over? In other words, to avoid the effect of "door matt" syndrome where you can not say "No" easily to anybody, thus you become taken advantage of...If people know you are going to be there for them for ever no matter how disrespectful/unpleasant their behavior is, do not expect them to value and appreciate you for long. Can setting boundaries help gaining trust when people notice you are sticking to your set standards? I feel like this is something Carrie Bradshaw wouldn't do to Mr. Big since she was afraid of losing him, but didn't she end up losing him after all to a more elegant opponent who won him with a colder attitude? Well duhhh practice makes perfection, so next time I am jumping on saying "Yes" I will make sure not to cross my own borders. Nothing wrong with being a nice human and seeing good in people, just don't over do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment